THE FILMS IN PROGRESS TOULOUSE AWARD, THE SPECIAL CINÉ + IN PROGRESS AWARD, THE EUROPEAN DISTRIBUTORS AND OPERATORS AWARD, THE WIP PARADISO AWARD and THE FILM FRANÇAIS AWARD will be given during Films in Progress 42 which will takes place during the 35th edition of Cinélatino, Rencontres de Toulouse (24 March - 2 April 2023).
THE FILMS IN PROGRESS TOULOUSE AWARD
It consists of post-production services offered by partners companies and in the promotion of the awarded film.
- ACTIVITÉS SOCIALES DE L'ÉNERGIE offers the winner a five weeks residence for him/her to complete the post-production or the promotion of the film in France.
- EAUX VIVES PRODUCTIONS will coordinate the awarded film post-production together with the other partners, including a four weeks follow up of the post-production for an amount equivalent to €8,600.
- FRENCH KISS STUDIO (member APIFA Occitanie) commit to offering the equivalent of €3,500 in services as part of image post-production expenses executed with FRENCH KISS STUDIO (editing - calibrage - laboratory). This provision is to be used for image post-production on the 2022-2023 studio rates, excluding technicians' wages.
- The sound mixing auditorium is offered by STUDIO A FABRICA up to €15,000 (excluding mixer).
- TITRAFILM gives to the winning film’s French distributor or sales company a budget worth €3,000 (DCP creation and/or duplication, creation of Netflix/iTunes/ Google Play package, etc.), in exchange for TITRAFILM handling the storage of the master DCP and master files.
THE SPECIAL CINE + IN PROGRESS AWARD
CINÉ + TV network guarantees to the film that will receive the Special CINÉ+ In Progress Award its purchase for the amount of €15,000 and to broadcast it on its network. This amount will be given to the distributor on condition that the film is subject to commercial exploitation in French cinemas within the first two years following the Films in Progress screening.
THE EUROPEAN DISTRIBUTORS AND OPERATORS AWARD
- EUROPA DISTRIBUTION will promote the film within its 116 independent distributors network.
- The CONFÉDÉRATION INTERNATIONALE DES CINÉMAS D’ART ET D’ESSAI (CICAE) will promote the film on its social networks and in a newsletter. It will systematically inform its 2,100 cinema members to raise awareness and encourage the diffusion of the film, by allowing them to watch it on its Cinando video library.
THE WIP PARADISO AWARD
The WIP PARADISO AWARD consists of a $10,000 grant, given by the Brazilian philanthropic initiative Projeto Paradiso, for the completion of the post-production and internationalization of one fiction film with majority Brazilian production selected in Films in Progress Toulouse.
THE FILM FRANÇAIS AWARD
The FILM FRANÇAIS AWARD consists in the presentation of the winning film with an article or an interview in one of the editions of Le film français magazine or the Cannes Market News.
- The PRODUCERS NETWORK (Marché du Film - Cannes Festival) offers one Producers Network accreditation to the producer of one of the films selected in Films in Progress Toulouse.
- The OCCITANIE REGION supports Films in Progress and Films in Development and contributes to the presence of the selected film directors and producers as well as professionals of the sector taking part in these coproduction and post-production support programs.