Director of photography:
In the arid Bolivian highlands, an elderly Quechua couple has been living the same daily life for years. In the midst of a drought, Virginio (80) falls ill and, aware of his imminent death, lives out his last days hiding his illness from Sisa (81). He is also reluctant to migrate to the city like the rest of the community. Everything is precipitated by the arrival of her grandson Clever (23), who comes to visit with news. The three of them will face, each in their own way, the drought, the changes and the meaning of life.
Assistance and prizes.
- Programa Ibermedia, ayuda a la coproducción Iberoamericana
- Fondo Concursable PIU del Ministerio de Obras Públicas (Bol)
- Focuart Fondo municipal de Fomento (Bol)
- Fondo de Co Producción Minoritaria ICAU (UY)
- PUA Apoyo a la finalización de Peliculas (UY)
Alejandro Loayza Grisi (1985) is a Bolivian filmmaker. He began his artistic career in still photography and entered the world of cinema through cinematography. Attracted by the stories that can be told through images, he ventured into writing and directing during the preparation of his first feature film Utama.
- Planeta Bolivia, 2016, (DOP)
- Dochera, 2018, (DOP)
- Aicha, 2019 (DOP)
- Polvo, 2017 (DOP)
- Utama, 2021 (Director)